It’s time to take a fresh look at listening, and go no further than the furry best friend at our feet.
ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
Have you ever talked to a dog. Not just the “Who’s a good boy? Spike’s a good boy” stuff, but really talked? If so, how did you feel? No appointment necessary, no co-pay required.
It’s time to take a fresh look at listening and we need go no further than the furry best friend at our feet. Dogs don’t interrupt us, finish our sentences, offer advice, try to top our stories, or text us instead of talking to us. Dogs pay extremely close attention to us; they study our facial expressions, our body language, our eye movements, and our voice patterns. Dogs do not just listen with their ears, they listen with their entire being.
True listening can enhance every relationship in one’s life, and can transform broken associations and inject new life into business and social interactions. It is the magic ingredient that forges real connections with others. People want good listeners in their inner circle, they want to do business with them, they trust them and will share critical information with them. That means the person who masters this skill has enormous advantages, both in business and in his or her personal life.
Listen Like A Dog's chapters include:
- Violating the Leash Laws—the 10 most common and egregious mistakes we make when we think
- Sniff Around—the importance of casual communication.
- The Power of the Paws (Pause)—how to recognize the many benefits of silence.
- Heel, Sit, and Stay—how changing your own behavior can win over others.
- Happiness Is a Warm Pup—the importance of being genuine and compassionate.